- Today my daughter, Kayla, turns 15. WOW, it really is amazing how quickly time flies. She really has become a young woman who loves Jesus and is beautiful on the inside and out.
- DANG IT! After I typed that last line I thought it would be good to send the same line to Kayla in a text message at school….only to reach for my phone and realize I don’t have it because it is “in the shop” today.
- This past weekend we said farewell to our current crop of 8th graders. I never cease to be amazed at how much students change during their two short years in junior high. After almost 22 years, I’m still convinced junior high ministry is the most fun, and most important, ministry in the church.
- I found this post on Tony Jones’ blog to be a pretty interesting one concerning the emergent church etc.
- Is it possible to be really excited for the Lakers but not at all excited for Kobe? That’s my tension.
- Other than a short trip to the Dominican Republic and a local speaking gig or two I don’t have any significant trips or projects until February of 2010! I cancelled some stuff and said no to a whole bunch of other stuff and it feels GREAT!
- If you lead a junior high ministry in the Southern California area, there are TWO fantastic events worth considering:
Stuck In The Middle; November 20-21, 2009
Junior High Believe; January 29-30, 2010