In the past few days, I’ve discovered several things at which I’m no good. I never knew I was no good at these things until this trip.
-Drinking on an airplane: On my trip out as I was putting my stuff in the overhead compartment, I dumped a large coke from McDonalds all over the guy sitting behind me.
- Fly fishing: I’ve tried and tried over the past few days, but just can’t get the technique figured out.
- Walking up long hills at high altitudes: We are at almost 8,000 feet and I’ve gone for a walk two times and both times mandated that I hike up a hill…which resulted in breathing like I just finished a marathon.
- Sitting in a crowded hot tub full of men: No explanation needed.
- Music: We had a short discussion about music but I kept my mouth shut because as people shared the quality music they have on their iPods (music by artists I’ve never even heard of), I realized that all I have is goofy pop stuff that my daughter has loaded for me. Stuff that I really like but am afraid to admit!
- Paying attention: This is not a new discovery, but the fact that I’m blogging during discussion time is a good reminder!